Terms of Service
By viewing, creating or logging into your account and/or uploading files to it, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and our Acceptable Use Policy.
Where the context admits: "We", "Us" & "Our" includes Tudor Internet Ltd or any party acting on Tudor Internet Ltd implicit instructions. "You" includes the person purchasing the Services or any party acting on the customer's instructions. "The Registrant" includes the person applying for a domain name or any party acting on the Registrant's instructions. "The Registry" the relevant domain names Registry. "Server" means the computer server equipment operated by us or our third parties in connection with the provision of the Services. "Web Site" means the area on the Server allocated by us to you for use by you as a site on the Internet.
In consideration of the mutual covenants herein, the parties agree to the following, which shall apply during the term of this Agreement:
Terms of Service
We provide World Wide Web page hosting, Virtual Private Servers and Domain Registration. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by us when we decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise as mentioned in the below sections. We reserve the right at any time to access, amend, remove or delete any or all data stored on our servers without your prior consent. When your account is closed, all files (including web pages, etc.) will be deleted. We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice. To protect your privacy we never distribute your name or e-mail address to any third parties, unless instructed to do so by order of a Court of Law in England & Wales.
Data Validation / Customer Identification Check
Customer data & identity is important to us and from time to time we may have to request documentation to confirm your identity; and UK postal address. This process is to ensure the accuracy of data you supply and to deter, detect and prevent fraud.
As part of the registration process we validate all UK addresses against the Royal Mail Postcode Address file, which contains over 28 million UK addresses. The addresses held are exactly the same details as the Royal Mail file.
If we require documentation a request will be sent to the main account holders registered email address held on file. The requested documentation must be supplied within 14 working days via the client portal, failure to supply the requested documentation will result in the suspension of all services including domains registered to you via us as your registrant agent, if after 30 days the requested documentation has not been received we will terminate all services and cancel all domains registered to you via us as your registrant agent.
To verify your identity and UK postal address we require two proofs of identity, one for your name and one for your address. The following are determined as acceptable documents:
- Valid UK Driving License
- Valid Passport
- Valid National ID card (for non-UK citizens)
- National Insurance card (for UK citizens)
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months (a mobile phone bill is not acceptable)
- Bank statement dated within the last 3 months
- HMRC tax notification dated within the last 3 months
For Sole Traders, Registered companies & Charities:
- Companies House Certificate of Registration (for Ltd/plc companies)
- Charity Commission Certificate of Registration
- Official company letter head
- Blank cheque in company name
- Business invoice dated within the last 3 months
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months (a mobile phone bill is not acceptable)
- Bank statement dated within the last 3 months
- HMRC tax notification dated within the last 3 months
Data supplied to confirm you identity and postal address will be held securely on your account for up to 12 months, after this period expires the submitted data will be destroyed securely. Documentary evidence may be shared with the domain registrar as part domain registrant verification process, by submitting the requested documentation you agree for us to share this documentation with the Domain Registrar ("Nominet UK") if required. This documentation will be shared with law enforcement agents if requested by a statue of a court order.
Purchases online are processed by Stripe - a highly respected company in the field of e-commerce based in the UK who are also PCI Service Provider Level 1. The security used is Comodo 2048 bit encryption systems. At the browser 256 Bit SSL is used. If you have any further queries regarding security please email us.
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. You must not divulge your username or password to any other person, and you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that other people do not discover it.
We have a zero-tolerance policy against spam and the sending of bulk, unsolicited e-mail is prohibited at all times. Customers who abuse the email service will be notified that their behaviour is unacceptable and may have their accounts suspended, terminated or blocked at our sole discretion.
All content uploaded to your your services must conform to UK law. It is the user's sole responsibility to ensure this. Storage, distribution of or transmission of illegal materials may lead to investigation and possible prosecution by the relevant authorities.
Our servers are backed up daily and use a mirrored disk array. Customer data is not offered as recoverable, it is recommended that you keep an independent backup of all data stored on our services.
We will not be held responsible for loss of data in any circumstances.
We do not allow any of the following content to be stored on our servers:
- Illegal Material - This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
- Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of us.
- Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, MP3's, games patches or games orientated material etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
Bandwidth is the amount of accrued data transferred between your web site, virtual private server and the sites visitors. Your website hosting or virtual server package comes with a certain amount of Bandwidth and should be adhered to. Should you use more than your limit, or should your site become a large drain on our resources we do reserve the right to suspend your account until a suitable solution is reached.
Cancellation and Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event customers will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of service. If a customer contravenes our terms of service or acceptable use policy a refund will not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
The customer will give seven (7) calendar days notice before renewal is due, required in writing prior to cancelling of service(s).
The customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold us harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against us, our agents, customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns.
The customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our servers; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customer from our servers.
Whilst every care is taken by us in the provision of our services we can not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer through technical outages or other occurrences. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by us, our employees, suppliers, customers or any third party. We reserve the right to revise its policies at any time, and notification will be provided by the given email from it's customers and display notice on the website.
Virtual Private Servers
Customers are responsible for and subject to all software vendor licensing terms, conditions, restrictions, and limitations. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure conformance to and abide by the specific terms and conditions of each application's licensing agreements.
Virtual Private Server solutions do not include data backup nor restore services unless explicity offered. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss of data or consequences arising from this. We always advises customers to back up their site data regularly for its own protection.
Virtual Private Servers are a self-managed solution.
Domain Name registration, renewal, transfer and restorationOffers
Some hosting packages include a free domain registration for .co.uk / .org.uk / .me.uk / .com / .net / .org / .biz / .info / .name / .eu / .uk domain name. All other extensions are excluded from this offer due to their additional cost. The registration period is one year. Hosting package renewals do not include a further free domain renewal, transfer or registration.Registration
We will always register, transfer and renew domain names in our client's name - never in our own. You are always in control of every aspect of your domain name(s) and can manage your domain's WHOIS data through the Client Portal. It is your responsibility to keep this data correct.
We make no representation that the domain name you wish to register is capable of being registered by or for you or that it will be registered in your name. You should therefore not assume registration of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that it has or they have been registered. Any action taken by you before such notification is at your risk and you shall have no right to bring any claim against us in respect of refusal to register a domain name.
Any fee paid by you to us for domain name registration or renewal shall be non-refundable notwithstanding refusal by the Registry to register or renew your desired name.
We shall have no liability in respect of the use by you of any domain name; any dispute between you and any other person must be resolved between the parties concerned in such dispute. If any such dispute arises, we shall be entitled, at our discretion and without giving any reason, to withhold, suspend or cancel the domain name. We shall also be entitled to make representations to the relevant Registry but will not be obliged to take part in any such dispute.
Due to the bespoke nature of domain names they are non-refundable in whole or part once the registration, transfer or renewal has been submitted to the registrar, even if the registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of the current registration term. The customer understands that Domain names are not entitled to a "cooling off" period under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 as per Regulation 13(1)(c).
- The customer understands that we are unable to change or edit the spelling of domain names after registration. It is the customers responsibility to ensure the spelling of a domain is as desired before completing the order.
- If a domain is registered with a misspelling in error you may be eligible for a credit so that the correct spelling can then be registered. You must contact us within two (2) calendar days of registration to arrange this. Any credits are issued at our sole discretion and dependant on registry policies.
- No refund will be issued for domains which are deleted due to a breach of these or any relevant associated terms.
The customer acknowledges that the payment due date is one day prior to the domain expiry date, we will send out reminder emails 30 days, 14 days, 7 days, 3 days and 1 day of your expiring domain. If a domain is not renewed by the expiry date it will usually stop resolving and will be considered "expired":
- If we are unable to successfully take payment for the renewal via the stored payment method, or if you fail to manually renew the domain name within the required time-frame, the domain will expire and not be renewed. It is your sole responsibility to ensure your contact information is up to date ensure email renewal reminders are received.
- You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and any expired domain name may be made available for registration by a 3rd party. While we will endeavour to ensure domains renewals are processed promptly we make no guarantee that attempted renewals will be successful and it is your responsibility to check their domain has been renewed successfully using the WHOIS service.
- If you fail to renew your domain registration, your domain may cease to resolve and visitors to your site may be directed to a default page informing them that the domain has expired and is no longer resolving.
- It may be possible to recover a domain name after it has expired depending on the relevant registries policy. If the domain is within the "Renewal Grace Period" (usually up to 30 days after domain expiry date) then it will be possible to renew the domain for the standard renewal fee. If the domain is not within the Renewal Grace Period, but is within the registry Redemption Period (usually from 31 days up to 90 days after domain expiry date) it will be subject to a Redemption Recovery fee as specified on our domain pricing page plus any applicable renewal fees. It may not always be possible to renew a domain name after its expiry and we cannot guarentee the renewal of a domain name post-expiry.
- Once a domain has reached the end of the registry Redemption period (usually the 90th day) the domain will be cancelled and made available for registration.
If you do not wish to renew your domain, you must cancel it by disabling Auto-renew at least fourteen (14) days before the renewal due date via the client portal. We may at our discretion accept a domain cancellation request less than 14 days via our usual support channels if the renewal process has not been actioned by the registry. Renewal fees our displayed on our website.Registrar Transfer
Transfer of a domain is chargable as per our transfer fees displayed on our domains section of the website. *.uk Domains that are registered with the registrar Nominet UK are transferrable to another registrar free of charge, this is commonly known as an IPS Tag Change. We shall not release any domain to another provider unless full payment for any outstanding fees relating to that that domain has been received by us. A registrar transfer is started via the client portal.Registrant Transfer
The person named as Registrant on the WHOIS shall be the registered domain name holder. The person named as the administrative contact shall be deemed the designate of the Registrant with whom full authority to manage the domain has been assigned:
- You agree that prior to transferring ownership of your domain to another person or legal entity (the 'Transferee') you will require them to agree, in writing to be bound in the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
- If the transferee fails to be bound in an acceptable fashion (as determined by us at our sole discretion) to the terms and conditions of this agreement any such transfer will be considered null and void.
- The fee to transfer ownership of a domain is £15.
- To begin a registrant transfer please contact us.
The registration and use of your domain name is subject to the terms and conditions of use applied by the relevant Registry; you shall ensure that you are aware of those terms and conditions and that you comply with them:
- By registering a .uk domain name, you enter into a contract of registration with Nominet UK on the terms and conditions detailed at http://www.nominet.org.uk/uk-domain-names/registering-uk-domain/legal-details/terms-and-conditions-domain-name-registration.
- By registering a .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .me, .name domain name, you enter into a contract of registration with ICANN on the terms and conditions detailed at http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/registrant-rights/educational.
- By registering a .mobi domain name, you enter into a contract of registration with mTLD on the terms and conditions detailed at http://www.mtld.mobi.
- By registering a .eu domain name, you enter into a contract of registration with EURid on the terms and conditions detailed at http://www.eurid.eu.
Under no circumstances will we tolerate threatening or abusive behavior towards our staff. Should this occur, we reserve the right to terminate the hosting agreement with immediate effect.
Should the customer, during the course of a telephone conversation, email or support ticket, make reference to "legal action" or say anything we might reasonably understand to imply or infer that the customer may intend to pursue a legal claim against us, we reserve the right to refuse telephone support going forward. Any further correspondence must then be sent by email or support ticket.
Should we feel that your needs would be better served by another provider, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate the hosting agreement. Where it is reasonable to do so, we will provide 30 days notice of termination and provide a backup of all website content and email.
Service Level Agreement
We endeavour to provide a 99.9% service uptime, excluding planned or emergency server maintenance or conditions beyond our reasonable control. All customers will be notified of planned maintenance as far as possible in advance through our network status page and, should the maintenance last for longer than thirty (30) minutes, via e-mail.
Should we break this SLA in any calendar month with unscheduled service unavailability (as verified by our network monitoring) we will upon request credit a full week's cost to your customer account. No hidden catches - we value our service and customers extremely highly.
Our SLA is rescinded if you have overdue invoices on your account, or if you have paid the invoice for the period of the disruption late.
We make no guarantee to defend a customer's website from a denial of service attack unless that service has been specifically offered and agreed.
14 day no quibble money-back guarantee
We have an established a reputation for reliability, performance and support. We work hard to provide you with the best possible service and we're so confident in this that we offer a no-quibble, fourteen (14) calendar day money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy for any reason within the first fourteen (14) calendar days of opening your account, you are free to cancel and receive a full refund including the time already used, less domain registration fees which are non-refundable.
We would however appreciate it if you got in touch with us before deciding to cancel so that we can address any problems you might be having, refunds can take seven (7) working days, and this policy does not cover services which have violated our terms & conditions.
Billing & Payments
Renewal invoices are generated fourteen (14) calendar days in advance and sent to your registered e-mail address. It is your responsibility to ensure this e-mail address is kept up to date and can receive emails from us.
It is important that we receive payment on time. All services must be paid for by the due date shown on the invoice unless a written adjustment has been agreed. Failure to complete payment after this time will result in an automatic reminder when the invoice is overdue, and automatic account suspension should the invoice remain unpaid for more than three (3) days. This applies to all services. Domain names expire on the day immediately after their renewal date, as such we strongly recommend renewing a minimum of 48 hours before the expiration date.
If an invoice is unpaid, the related service will be suspended until such time that payment is received and you inform us by email that you have paid. At this point we will use all reasonable endeavours to restore service within 24 hours. If an invoice remains unpaid after seven (7) days the service will be terminated and all data related to that service deleted.
All payments must be received in UK Pounds sterling. If you pay by foreign bank transfer, then you must be responsible for all foreign currency charges.
We reserve the right to alter our prices at any time and will notify you of any alteration by providing you with a written notice. Notice of any price alteration will be sent via e mail to the e mail address that we hold for you in our account. If you have already purchased a particular service then the price alteration will only become effective when the service reaches the end of its current term.
You warrant that you are lawfully authorised to make payment using the payment card or facility you disclose to us. In the event where you are not the named cardholder, you acknowledge that you and the named cardholder both accept these terms and conditions and are jointly and severally liable for any payment(s) due. You hereby indemnify us in the event that the cardholder or issuer declines any transaction for payment, including our costs in recovering the outstanding amount due.
If you attempt a chargeback or dispute a transaction with your bank, we reserve the right to suspend all services provided to you with immediate effect. Services will remain suspended and until such time as the chargeback has been fully reversed in our favour.
Rights on Termination
Termination of this agreement does not affect your pre-existing liability, if any or affect our right to recover damages or pursue any other remedy in respect of any breach of this agreement by you.
In the event of us terminating this agreement due to breach of these conditions by you, we shall be entitled to the balance of all payments which would but for such termination have accrued up to the earliest date on which this agreement could have been terminated by you.
Setup fees are non-refundable. Any disputes should be expressed in writing via a valid written contact method.
To make a complaint please make this is writing through the usual support channels and mark the written communication as a complaint. You should ensure you include as much information about the issue as possible, such as date & time when the incident occurred, ticket reference IDs, names of any staff members you spoke to, details about the problem, what you did, how it started and any other relevant details. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within three (3) working days - although usually a response is much quicker. If you are unhappy with any service provided by us please contact us immediately in writing. Our contact details can be found here.
If the response does not meet your satisfaction, you may request that the complaint be escalated to a company Director for review. One of our directors will then assess your complaint and the steps taken so far by our staff; they will then provide a final response within fifthteen (15) working days of the complaint escalation.
Your satisfaction is very important to us. All complaints are taken seriously and will be reviewed, investigated and responded to fairly and thoroughly. We understand that monitoring, and dealing with complaints promptly enables us to identify areas of weakness and we will then work to address these and continue to improve our service.
If you are aware of someone breaching our terms or the law whilst using our services, please submit a support ticket to report this - including as much detail as possible to enable us to effectively investigate your complaint. We are always vigilant to ensure domains registered with us comply with our Registrant Agreement as we take reports of abuse very seriously. All reports are reviewed and investigated promptly to ensure that our services are used in accordance to our Terms and conditions.
Changes to our Terms of Service
Changes to our Terms of Service may be made at any time, without notice, and it is the customers responsibility to regulary check for any updates to our Terms of Service. Customers will however generally be notified at least seven (7) days to any impeding changes to our Terms of Service.
Should a customer not be agreeable to any new or alteration to our Terms of Service they will have the right to cancel their service with a pro-rata refund for the period unused. Customers must notify us within three (3) days of receiving notice from us advising them of a change to Terms of Service, failure to notify us will be assumed the customer has accepted the new terms of service.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Updated: 20/02/2015 18:50